A house really becomes your home only after you customize it according to your lifestyle and your own personality. That is why most of us often have the urge to change something, add more details or update rooms to achieve that cozy, homey atmosphere we feel good about. If your home needs a makeover and you are thinking about making those necessary changes here are some ideas for how to update your home in a trendy, modern way.
Following these tips, you can easily give your home a different appearance with just a few minor updates. Visualize how you want your home to look and start one step at a time. You don’t have to do everything all at once. Adding simple details or making small changes can make your home appear luxurious, vintage, modern or even the mixture of these styles. After all, it is up to you to decide so it can be whatever you prefer.
Start with the most crowded room
If you are wondering where to start, well, start with the obvious. Choose rooms where you and your family spend most of your time together. Updating such spaces will be beneficial, functional and practical – a change that is welcome. Therefore renovating space that gathers the whole family most of the time – the kitchen, can be a great beginning of a house to home transition.
– Think about making an open-concept kitchen. It is a great option if you have enough space in your house. The purpose of combining kitchen, dining room and living room in one entirety is to make your house guest-friendly. That means, you can prepare food while entertaining your guests, or looking after your kids while making a meal.
– Consider replacing your appliances with new preferably matte ones and installing functional kitchen island that can provide you with more space.
– You can create a more luxurious look by investing in a wine refrigerator if you enjoy drinking it. That way you can easily organize your wine collection and maintain it.
– Opt for a white – gray kitchen for a more modern look. Grayish kitchen cabinets in combination with white marble kitchen countertop and matte black or gray appliances can give your kitchen a more sophisticated look.
– Adding pendant lamps as main lighting source can give your kitchen a completely new look with just one simple update. So think about what works best for you, and go for it!
Upgrade your bathroom
Modernizing your bathroom can also be done to make it more functional. Plus side is, while doing so, you can add various little details to personalize it and make it look effective.
– A lot can be done with just a few updates. No matter the size, you can always give it a more modern look by using natural wood and light color palette.
– Using pebble flooring and textured tiles in showers can do a lot since you can play with different looks, colors, or textures.
– Avoid making everything white so that you don’t get a sterile, hospital look. If your bathroom is already completely white, consider adding vivid colors. Use strong green shades for rugs, decoration or towels in contrast to white, or pastel blue tones for walls. Adding blues creates a coastal vibe that you can complete with decoration such as shells or corals in large glass vases. Pick a color tone that suits you and reflects your personality.
– Replacing old sink faucets can also be important for the whole new appearance. If you prefer luxurious style, you can always try out something a bit more eccentric with the likes of what Maestrobath has to offer.
Give your backyard a makeover
Don’t forget about the outside appearance too. The trick is to keep that fresh and brand new look over years to come.
– Grab a can of paint and give your deck a makeover. Opt for light colors for flooring and railings and stronger ones for furniture.
– Decorate deck with flowerpots and surround your backyard with plants. Growing a natural privacy fence can be both useful and look stunning.
– Incorporating natural elements such as rocks or decorative tree branches can give your garden more structure and make it look more modern.
– Make your yard your own piece of heaven by adding shiny night lights. Install festoon party lighting on your deck to make your outdoors festive even without organizing a party. The possibilities are truly endless. Take inspiration in Fusion Lighting for your outdoors lights.
Find what the most needed update for your home is and just start making changes. Following these tips can help you open your mind towards different approaches to your usual house improvement. With that in mind, start adding those special trendy upgrades and modernize your home!