You might think that it is near impossible to find a home improvement project that will not cost you a lot of your time and money, but the truth is there are numerous small home improvement tasks and projects you could take up that you can do within minutes and without spending a lot of money. While these quick and easy home improvement projects might not give you extremely drastic results, doing them will definitely make your home more livable, as well as adding to a more homey feel to your home. Check out a few of them below to be used as your home maintenance and improvement inspiration:
- Fixing your peeling wallpaper. Peeling wallpaper can be an eyesore, but they are also very easy to fix. All you need to have is a knife, a wallpaper paste that you can get in any hardware store, as well as your regular writing paper. To fix your peeling paper, simply smear the paste onto the writing paper with a knife, and rub it against the underside of the section of wallpaper you want to fix. Then press the paper against the wall and slide it out, and finish it off by smoothing away any air bubbles trapped in it with a clean cloth.
- Cleaning your bathtub. A clean, pristine bathtub lights up the atmosphere of your whole bathroom, and cleaning your bathtub does not actually take up a lot of time. You can even make your own cleaning solution to clean your stained tub by combining cream of tartar, baking soda, and lemon juice until it reach the consistency of a paste. Put the paste onto a soft cloth and rub it into the stain. Let it sit for half an hour to an hour before rinsing it thoroughly, and you will have your clean and pristine tub back.
- If your house has sliding windows and you are getting tired of it getting stuck over and over again, a cheap and easy investment of silicone spray lubricant that you can get in any hardware store near you will help you prevent it getting stuck it by greasing the skids. Simply spray the lubricant onto a clean rag and wipe it along the tracks.
- For those of you who have been struggling with squeaky floor, there is a very simple and cheap solution to your problem. All you have to do is to sprinkle talcum powder over the squeaky area of your floor, and sweep it to fill the cracks. This works splendidly as a temporary solution until you refinish the floor.
- If you are facing the problem of squeaky door hinges, there is also no need for you to get frustrated as it can be solved within seconds by spraying WD-40 or similar lubricants onto the hinge while moving the door to work it in. If you do not have the lubricant, rubbing petroleum jelly onto the hinges can also work in a pinch.