There are various reasons to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus nowadays. Whether you want to switch carriers after finding a better offer, be able to use a local SIM when traveling, in order to avoid roaming fees, or just to increase your chances of selling it fast, unlocking comes only with benefits.
However, there are a lot of people who want to do this, but they don’t have a clue on how this whole process does. Keeping it short, it’s actually very simple to unlock a phone, as long as you opt for doing this by code. Because yes, there are other methods as well, but they can be costly, time-consuming or even dangerous for your phone.
In order to unlock a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by code, you need to go through three main steps:
- Finding a code provider
- Ordering a code
- Inserting it and unlocking your phone
Let’s go through each of them and see what you need to do
Finding an unlock code provider
A quick search on Google will reveal several websites offering unlock codes, but just a few of them are actually worth using. UnlockUnit is one of them, as proven by the multitude of positive review they received from past clients.
Ordering a code
On UnlockUnit.com’s homepage you will find a menu from which you need to select your phone’s model – Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, in our case – then click on ‘Order Now’. You will be taken to an order form, which needs to be completed with a few details.
- Name and country of the network on which your phone is locked
- The phone’s IMEI. You can find it by dialing *#06#
- A valid email address, where you will receive the code
After providing all these, proceed to payment.
Insert the code and unlock your phone
Shortly after placing the order, depending on your price choice, you will receive the code on email, so it’s time to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus with it.
- Power off the phone and insert a SIM from a different network, not supported by your phone. Basically, you can insert a SIM from any network, except the one you’re currently using.
- Power on your phone
- You will see the “SIM Network Unlock PIN” message, as well as a special field, meaning that the handset is asking for the unlock code
- Using your keyboard, type the code you received
- Tap the “Unlock” button and give the phone a few moments
- The “Unlock successful” message will be displayed
Your Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus is now unlocked and you can use it with any carrier you want!